Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions about a trip to Alpine route 2014/9/25 01:46
I'm leaving Takayama on the 10th and I wanted to spend a day or two checking out the Alpine route north through Toyama.

Can I experience it in one day? I'm also worried because I will have my luggage with me and it may be troublesome to cross the Alpine then come all the way back for my bag. Considered using the coin lockers in Nagoya but they may not hold my bag for that long and I'm not familiar with forwarding luggage...not even really sure where I would forward the luggage to since I'm unfamiliar with the route.

tips? D:
by KGhaleon  

Re: Questions about a trip to Alpine route 2014/9/26 17:04
Luggage Delivery Service
http://www.alpen-route.com/en/transportation/baggagedelivery

The following is its official website.
http://www.alpen-route.com/en/
Perhaps, it might help with planning overall route.
by N (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Questions about a trip to Alpine route 2014/10/6 01:40
I ended up booking a hotel in Nagoya from 10th through the 12th, 2 days. Is it possible for me to take a trip up through the alpine and back down to Nagoya within that timeframe? is there a loop or route that would allow this?
by KGhaleon rate this post as useful

Re: Questions about a trip to Alpine route 2014/10/7 11:00
I have not travelled to/from Nagoya so I have no idea about that.

However, let me share about my trip in May, in case it might help a bit.

We started my trip from Takaoka.
We took the first train from Dentetsu Toyama.
We took the return trip only upto Murodo, which was the only stop we made. We spent approximately 3 hours there, if not more, taking the loop walk.
We arrived back at Toyama around 5pm.

I guess it all comes down to how thorough you want to explore at each stop.
by N (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread