Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka 2014/9/28 22:55
Me and my friends total 3 person planing to go japan on November 2014. Below is our planning date.Please help us to plan the itinerary for the trip as well as suggest some budget clean hotel for 3 of us. If possible you can also suggest some local tour for small group we can hire.

Tokyo-Mt Fuji (2/11/2014 - 6/11/2014)
We arrived Tokyo in the morning of 2/11/2014. As below is the place we planning to visit.
1. Tsukiji Fish Market
2. Tokyo Tower
3. Shibuya
4. Sensoji Temple
5. Asakusa Shrine
6. Ueno Park
7. Akibara
8. Tokyo Skytree
9. The Imperial Palace and East Garden
10. Meiji Jingu SHrine
11. Harajuku
12. Ginza
13. Shinjuku Gyoen
14. Nakamise
15. Tokyo Disney Sea
16. Kabukicho
17. Yasukumi SHrine
18. Roppongi
19. Sanrio Puroland
20. Mount Fuji

Kyoto (7/11/2014 - 9/11/2014)
1. Nishiki Market
2. Goin
3. Heian Shrine
4. Kiyomizudera
5. Fushimi Inari Shrine
6. Kodaji Temple
7. Nanzenji Temple
8. Eikanao Temple
10. Kinkaku-ji Temple and Kyoto imperial palace
11. Nijo Castle
12. Arashiyama
13. Yasaka Shrine

Osaka - Nara (10/11/2014 - 12/11/2014)
1. Osaka Castle
2. Osaka Aquarium
3. Minami (Namba)
4. FLoating Garden
5. Universal Studio
6. Yodobashi

Nara
1. Todaji Temple
2. Horyuyi

* You can also cancel some places which you feel it is not important or worth to visit during out trip as well. But please let me know some reason of cancel.

Thanks and best regards

Jayden Gan
by Jayden Gan  

Re: Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka 2014/9/29 11:22
There's a wealth of information on this site, try at least planning a draft itinerary out and asking for tweaks, rather than being lazy and saying 'do it all for me'...
by Maxius rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka 2014/9/29 11:44
You're cutting it really fine. I stayed in Tokyo for 5 days and I could hardly find enough time to visit half of those. I recommend you cut it down so you can enjoy everything a bit better - and factoring in how often you'll get lost most likely!

Imperial Palace - you need to book your tour online as only a select few are allowed every hour or so, and it changes depending on weather.
by Liam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka 2014/9/29 11:59
4 days in Tokyo?
Impossible to fit your planned visit in 4 days. Disney Sea and Mount Fuji will eat up a day each by itself. If you still intend to go there, try fit other 2 days that are in vicinity to one another.
Eg. Asakusa, Ueno, Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Skytree
Eg. Shinjuku, Shibuya area
My guess is you will probably be rushing a lot if you fit too much into a day and end up not enjoying or see anything.

2 days Kyoto:
Arashiyama will eat up half a day to full day depending what's your purpose of going there.
And what time are you arriving on 7/11/14? Do you plan to arrive in afternoon or will you start a new day 7/11/14 in Kyoto?
You have to reserve to visit the interior of Imperial castle. Kiyomizudera+Higashiyama area will probably eat up half a day depending how fast you move.

Osaka: Universal probably 1 day.
Why would you go to Osaka Yodobashi? There is a pretty big one just beside Akihabara station.

Basically, you are cramming too much place for your itinerary. You will probably end up rushing through everything and not enjoying what the place has to offer. However, if your intention is just "to be there" then I guess it is doable..

Mainly, what is your purpose of visit?
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka 2014/9/29 19:00
I am the same as you in planning, Identifying alot of different sights and places to see.
Trying to Utilize my JR Pass to the fullest.

But in the end I know that I will probably cut out half of what I had planned, as I might end up wanting to stay at certain places longer then orginally planned.

Its good to have an idea of what you want to see. But to prioritise them so you see what you want to see.
by Shintai rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka 2014/9/29 20:10
Boy, that's amibitious.

You definitely won't be able to do that all unless you wanna go there, take a pic of the attractions and move on to the next thing you wanna see. Even then it's too much!

Sensoji (which is practically Nakamise), Asakusa-shrine, Tokyo Skytree and Ueno park - One full day

Harajuku, Meiji-shrine, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Kabukicho - Also one full day

Disney Sea - One full day

Mount Fuji - One full day

Which leaves Roppongi, Akiba, Tokyo Tower, Ginza, Imperial Palace, Sanrio, Tsukiji fish market, Yasukuni shrine.

We have no idea what you are interested in, how are we to decide?

Do you wanna see Tokyo from above (the highest level possible?) - Then do Skytree

You wanna go to a iconic landmark? - Tokyo Tower

You wanna see the skyline for free? -Tokyo Metropolitan Building

You need one day for Nara and one day for Universal Studios Japan, so that's your allotted time in Osaka...
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread