Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

14 day itinary 2014/9/29 21:13
Day 1 = Narita 9.30am Landing, In Tokyo, Will be staying in Nippori, so will be exploring the area, Ueno, Akihabara, Ginza.

Day 2 = Plan to go up to Sendai, and to Yamadera, might stop by Yonezawa after.

Day 3 = Plan to go to bessho Onsen in Morning, go to Ueda, and might try to fit in Kusatsu if I feel, If not go to Takasaki.

Day 4 = Go to Kyoto, get there around 11am, Go to Nara, then migth visit Ujii, then go to Momoyama, and take a brewary tour, before heading back to Nishioji where I will be staying.

Day 5 = Might be going to Gifu or Takayama.

Day 6 = Do local sightseeing in Kyoto, Starting from Kiyomizu to Ginkakuji, might be on Bicycle.

Day 7 = Final night in Kyoto, will be doing more local sight seeing and maybe shopping.

Day 8 = Osaka, Staying near Umeda and Temma. Plan to go to Takedao to do a hiking trip, then come back in evening and enjoy Namba.

Day 9 = Onomichi, then Himeji, then Kobe, migth do arima onsen if there is time.

Day 10 = Last day in Osaka, Will be going to Den den Street to do some shopping, visit the local shrines and temples. And also a short trip to Sakai to look at knives.

Day 11 = Trip to Tokyo. Plan to get there early, and then do some sightseeing in Shibuya, Shinjiku and Harajuku, So some shopping, getting luggage case for trip back

Day 12 = Mitaka, Ghibli Museam at 10am, then after to Hino, might go to Hachioji after or might head back into Tokyo, or Saitama, not to sure on this day.

Day 13 = Will go to Kamakura, and then go to Odaiba. Back to Akihabara to do some shopping.

Day 14 = Its my last day, so will probably go do some shopping around Akihabara, and Ikebukuro, and Asakusa.

Day 15 = Plan leaves around 10. So got to get to narita early around 7-8am.

Let me know if the day trips are feasible, or if you have any suggestions, and if my trip would be affected by mount ontake's eruption.

Thanks
by Shintai  

Re: 14 day itinary 2014/9/30 10:55
Wow that trip sounds great! although perhaps a bit ambitious? I think that Kamakura may deserve a day on its own, or at least most of the day. Odaiba is a really nice place in the evening, you can get a spectacular view of Tokyo from the rooftop of the Aqua City shopping mall.
http://gaijingojapan.com/odaiba/

In Kyoto, don't forget to go to Yasaka shrine (http://gaijingojapan.com/?s=yasaka+shrine) This place is illuminated, awesome to end the day!
by GaijinSan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 14 day itinary 2014/10/2 05:09
Yeah definately ambitious, I am a person with a short attention span for things I don't have an interest in, if something is not what I thought, I would move on quickly.

Thanks for the suggestions and advice.
by Shintai rate this post as useful

Re: 14 day itinary 2014/10/2 06:47
I was in Tokyo last month, and one day I made a plan of things I wanted to see, and I even included the time it would take to go from 1 place to another, just so that I was sure I could make it. Guess what... I was never able to make everything I had planned for that day. First of all, going from a point to another, does take more time than you expect, unless you have travelled that round dozens of times before.
Because, you will be caught up by traffice lights, waiting for trains/metro, and might put your attention to something unexpected.

Another of my experiences is regarding your arrival in Tokyo. Which country are you traveling from ? How much jetlag will you have ?

I came from Switzerland, and my plane also lands around 9.30 am. This means I am usually in Tokyo city around 1pm. It takes quite some time to go from Narita to Tokyo. (Limousine bus is around 2 hours depending on traffic).

Personnaly, I am usually quite tired when I arrive at the hotel, so I like to have some time to relax. Does your hotel have "early check-in" possibilities ? Usually you arrive at the hotel slightly before the official check in time.

You say you want to go to Ueno on your first day. I have been to the "National Museum" as well as to the "Ueno zoo" (Where you can see Pandas). The zoo and the museum are very close to each other.
by montueron rate this post as useful

Re: 14 day itinary 2014/10/2 18:18
Thanks for the reply.

I am coming from London, so going to be in the air for 12hours, I plan to take some sleeping before landing.

I spoke to my host they can let me leave my luggage at the accomodations, if not I can just use a locker at nippori or akihabara.

Check in time for me is at 3pm, though I land at 9.30am I am going to be taking the narita express, since I have a JR Pass.
I plan to use the Keisei Skyliner on the way back to narita, which is cheaper then the Narita express (Cause my JR Pass expires when I leave.)

So I predict I'd be in Tokyo around 11-12pm. Giving me the afternoon to do stuff.

Its been 10 years since I last flew around half the globe, so probably will be hit heavy when I wake up the next day. So Probably will take an early night for the first day, after getting my barings.

Not a big fan of zoos unfortunately. But will check out the museam.
by Shintai rate this post as useful

reply to this thread