Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How is the May Design Festa Tokyo vs Nov's? 2014/10/2 15:57
I'm interested in going for the upcoming one in November.

Are they generally around the same or is the november significantly smaller-scale?

I'm asking because the May one had close to 82 pages of artists on their website, while the november one so far has only 31 pages. Has anyone been for both?
by Saus (guest)  

Re: How is the May Design Festa Tokyo vs Nov's? 2014/10/3 00:19
I've tried to go to the May one for a few years and something always comes up, but I always hit November. So I can't really help you to compare size, but it still took me a good 6 hours with a lunch break to see all the booths for the November one. The discrepancy in the artist list might be due to the booth sizes... a lot of artists I saw the last time I went seemed to take up two booth spots for their one, especially some really large artworks ones that took up 4-5. But I'm just theorizing.

I'm trying to remember how much room it takes up... basically the entirety of both floors around the giant escalator as you enter Big Site and turn right. That entire convention area has been covered every year, including outdoor booths.

Hope this helps a little bit!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: How is the May Design Festa Tokyo vs Nov's? 2014/10/3 01:15
Went once in May and took me two full days to check all the booths + watching 3 or 4 concerts, so, according to scarreddragon info, it seems the May one is much larger.
by aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread