Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help with revised 2 week itinerary 2014/11/2 07:30
Hello lovely japan-guide forum,

We have revised out 2 week trip slightly and wonder if you would be kind enough to give advice or comments.

Day 1: (March 26) arrive Tokyo midday - meet family friend for dinner
Day 2: explore Tokyo, Studio Ghibli museum in the afternoon
Day 3: Tokyo - day trip - Hakone if weather is good or Nikko
Day 4: explore tokyo - hire bikes - hanami (hopefully!)
Day 5: leave Tokyo early and head to Shibu Onsen, maybe visit Judakana or explore bath houses
Day 6: enjoy Onsen then leave at 14.46 to Kyoto arriving 20.11
Day 7: Kyoto - hire bicycles and explore
Day 8: Kyoto - day trip
Day 9: Kyoto - explore - hanami (we hope!)
Day 10: Leave Kyoto early morning head to Hiroshima, leave Hiroshima mid afternoon and go to Miyajima to a Ryokan.
Day 11: Explore Miyajima and leave late afternoon to Okayama (see family friends for evening meal)
Day 12: Okayama, explore gardens and sword museum. Travel back to Tokyo depart 17.41 arrive 21.40
Day 13: Tokyo
Day 14: Tokyo - leave pm and head to Narita, stay in capsule hotel
Day 15: (April 9) Fly at 10.50am

Does anyone have a suggestion of somewhere else we could visit on the way back from Okayama to Tokyo on day 12? We would be happy to visit somewhere else on route.

Very sad not to be able to see Takayama or Mt Yoshino, but we didn't want to spend all our time rushing from one place to another but if you think it can be done please do say.

We would love to spend some time with a japanese family and hope to meet people we could welcome to Bristol if they want to visit.

We would really appreciate your experience and insights.

Thank you
by Kellie and Luke  

Re: Help with revised 2 week itinerary 2014/11/2 17:10
I think that itinerary is pretty well perfect.
I assume you mean the sword museum at Osafune??
It depends on how long you will spend at Korakuen.
It MAY just be possible to go to Bizen (IMBE is the JR station) and view the pottery etc
BUT trains are limited...1 per hour on average
Otherwise, I would not change anything, enjoy Korakuen at leisure,: I really hope you see the Sakura: (we loved it): and I also hope you see a wedding party: sublime.... and the sword museum.
Of course, Kurashiki is also nearby, but in the opposite direction to Osafune.
Have fun!

BTW I would be REALLY interested in where your family friend suggests for your dinner!!! We have 3 nights in Okayama, so will appreciate any suggestions!!!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Help with revised 2 week itinerary 2014/11/2 17:52
Thanks for your input, we're so excited and just want to get this right!

I didn't make myself clear though, I meant somewhere else to visit and stay the night on the way from Okayama to Tokyo, breaking the journey (one less Tokyo day on return). Or perhaps an extra Okayama day with a side trip? What are you doing whilst you are there?

I will definitely let you know of any recommendations we get for Okayama

Thanks again
by Kellie and Luke rate this post as useful

reply to this thread