Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kyoto trip 2014/11/2 20:48
I am going to Kyoto from 11-15 Nov, intending to go to for a day trip to Saga Arashiyama and Uji and stay overnight there. Can anyone help to answer a few questions?

I am staying in Royal Park hotel, which is the best way to go from Kyoto to Saga Torokko station, is taking the JR to Saga Arashiyama station the best way?

If I want to take a stroll in the bamboo forest, how far it takes by walking? how long should this trip takes?

For the Hozu river boat ride, how much, and do I need to reserve a seat in advance, I will be going on 12 Nov(Wed)-is the samll train in service that day?

Should I walk the forest first, or boat ride / small train ride first?

THanks in advance!!

Cheers
by Mandy (guest)  

Re: kyoto trip 2014/11/3 12:10
1. I am staying in Royal Park hotel, which is the best way to go from Kyoto to Saga Torokko station, is taking the JR to Saga Arashiyama station the best way?

2. If I want to take a stroll in the bamboo forest, how far it takes by walking? how long should this trip takes?

3. For the Hozu river boat ride, how much, and do I need to reserve a seat in advance, I will be going on 12 Nov(Wed)-is the samll train in service that day?

4. Should I walk the forest first, or boat ride / small train ride first?

1. Although, some might say to take the bus, if taking the train from Kyoto station, JR is recommended

2. It depends where you start. If you start from Tenryuji garden exit it takes less than 8 minutes to walk to the Sagano Romantic train station. If from one entrance to the other, it takes about 20 minutes. It could be faster, but autumn usally has trishaws and cabs going through the narrow paths so the time taken might be more.

3. Now is probably too late to reserve. Sagano trains too. But try your luck regardless. Ask your hotel to call and make booking.

4. The bamboo forest should be first... Tenryuji should be first but it isn't in your list. Again, check with your hotel or call NOW for reservation.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread