Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What times are considered peak season 2014/11/3 15:54
I'm trying to figure out the timing for making hotel reservations; I know for hanami, Golden Week, and maybe New Year's Eve it's better to book several months in advance, but what about for koyo (mid-late November)?
by neuromantically (guest)  

Re: What times are considered peak season 2014/11/3 17:15
almost the whole month of november is peak season in Kyoto but especially the last 2 weeks.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What times are considered peak season 2014/11/3 17:53
Then would it be enough to reserve 3 months ahead?
by neuromantically (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What times are considered peak season 2014/11/3 18:40
I'm going to Kyoto in the last week of November, and I booked my accommodation in July...and by that time, most of the more affordable places were already booked out! You definitely want to plan ahead as much as possible. Find somewhere you want to stay well ahead of time and then just wait for their booking system to open (if it's not already).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What times are considered peak season 2014/11/3 19:11
I was able to book a late November reservation for Kyoto in late May. In mid June I found a somewhat better hotel and was able to change it. Kept checking back to see if I could do better but prices were thru the roof.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What times are considered peak season 2014/11/3 21:30
A lot also depends on the specific city/region you're planning to visit, and whether there's a major event (like a local festival) scheduled during that period. For example, you probably won't have much difficulty reserving rooms in Tōkyō for early February (even almost at the last minute), but for that same period, booking even as far ahead as 6 months in advance might not be early enough for Sapporo (due to the Yuki Matsuri).
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

reply to this thread