Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Work not giving me Holiday 2014/11/21 19:24
Hello. I was wondering if there was any exception to the law that workers are to receive at least 10 days paid vacation time if they work over 6 months. This is supposed to be for anyone employed in Japan whether they are a foreigner or not.

I work in entertainment for a very big company on a year long contract, but they don't give us any sick days or paid holiday the entire year, and we work full-time. Is this legal? Is there some loop-hole that allows companies to get away with this, maybe for instance because my job is in entertainment (shows and stuff), or because I am a contracted foreigner ?

Thank you for your help
by Vayte (guest)  

Re: Work not giving me Holiday 2014/11/22 09:15
It is illegal. For more info, visit your local labor bureau.
http://tokyo-roudoukyoku.jsite.mhlw.go.jp/news_topics/kyoku_oshirase/r...
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Work not giving me Holiday 2014/11/22 14:59
it depends on the contract.
is the contract 雇用契約書 or something similar ? 雇用 means the company hires you.

if the company hires you as you work for pre-fixed time, you may get a constant monthly salary. the company is requested to give holidays for employees.

you say you are working in entertainment. if so, working may not be pre-fixed and your monthly income may not be constant. you may not be hired by that company and you may be a self-employer.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread