Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR kyoto to JR namba 2014/11/27 00:57
Hi,

I will need to travel from JR Kyoto to Hotel Monterey Grasmere in Osaka, next to JR Namba station. I will be travelling with large suitcases, and was wondering what would be the best route (in terms of comfort/speed) for this trip.

I am considering to get JR Haruka pass. Will be using it from Kansai airport to Kyoto

Should I get the round trip Haruka so I can take the JR Haruka to Tennoji station and then switch to normal JR to JR Namba? However, i read somewhere that Haruka trains are more ex, though faster, it is less frequent right

Or should I just purchase one way and take normal JR train to JR osaka(do i need to transfer train to get to JR Namba?)

thanks!
by limxiaocong (guest)  

Re: JR kyoto to JR namba 2014/11/27 08:20
For comfort an speed, you should take the Haruka from Kyoto to Tennoji and then a local train to JR Namba. Do you really need to go to the JR Namba area or a more central place in Namba? If so, then taking the subway from Shin-Osaka Station to Namba may be more convenient.

Also, you could consider sending your luggage from hotel to hotel. But note that it is next-day delivery:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR kyoto to JR namba 2014/11/27 10:23
No Haruka as stop over at Tennoji by return ticket of "ICOCA & HARUKA".
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/icoca-haruk...
Read all especially "(With round-trip tickets, the return ticket....)" part.

So,most comfortble way is
take Haruka from JR Kyoto to until JR Tennoji by ICOCA & HARUKA return ticket
then take a taxi from JR Tennoji to hotel.(ICOCA not covered)
or after JR Tennoji (include to JR Namba oneway plus) to KIX by ICOCA
as regular fare if HARUKA again from JR Tennoji or not.
(ICOCA not covered LtdExp HARUKA seat fee)

Another ways are take regular commuter trains(rapid/no direct)
from JR Kyoto to JR Namba via Shin-Imamiya by ICOCA as regular fare
then take regular commuter from JR Namba to JR Tennoji
and take Haruka from JR Tennoji to KIX by ICOCA & HARUKA return ticket
also take Haruka until JR Tennoji by ICOCA & HARUKA return ticket
after Namba to KIX by airport bus or Nankai train from Shin-Imamiya.
(Nankai is not JR railway but ICOCA valid except LtdExp Rapi:t seat fee)
http://www.howto-osaka.com/en/railway/kix/tokix/index.html
by Egsf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR kyoto to JR namba 2014/11/27 12:56
As the Hotel Grasmere is right next to JR-Namba, Kyoto to Tennoji via the Haruka and Tennoji to JR-Namba via the Yamatoji Line would b the most convenient route. Also, the Haruka provides room for luggage storage.

The Haruka return ticket can be only used for trips to Kansai airport and cannot be used in this instance. You can however save a small amount of money buy purchasing and using the JR Kansai One Day Pass.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread