Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Paying taxes abroad 2014/12/19 14:11
Hi i have a question from my friend.

He used to live in japan for 3 years but he needed abruptly leave the country so he could not finish paying his taxes. As he want to come back in the future its best for him to pay them. Is there anyway for him to pay the taxes in america?

Hope you can help my friend.
cheers.
by LiveInTokyo (guest)  

Re: Paying taxes abroad 2014/12/19 16:01
You need a tax form to pay for it.
You can be asked one of friends to pay for it.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Paying taxes abroad 2014/12/19 17:16
What kind of taxes?

If it is the residential tax I know you will need the tax form/bill that comes in the mail. You can get them re-issued individually or all at once at city hall. Some cities (usually the bigger but not always) will then allow you to pay using a credit card online. However the interface is all in Japanese and is a bit hard to navigate... I suggest he contacts a Japanese friend or coworker or someone who could help out. Otherwise, it's pretty difficult unless he is in Japan already. It might be one of those things you just wait until he comes back to do, but then again they do expire after something like 3 years so there's that option...

If it is another kind of tax, though, like income tax, I'm sorry I don't know.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread