Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sleeping overnight in the airport 2014/12/20 08:33
As there are no cheap accommodations in the airport, i am considering just sleeping in the lounge overnight. I will be there from earlier evening on the 10th and try to fly out in the morning of the 11th.

Because i am travelling with a bicycle and numerous small bags, it seems it would be too awkward and difficult for me to leave the airport and come back.

Unless i can lock up my luggage at the airport for a reasonable cost.

I really am a budget traveller but would appreciate any suggestions. My budget is maximum about $50 per day which i can only do because i travel about by bike and will camp a lot but i could probably afford to take the train out in the evening if i can leave my bags safely at the airpot and return for sleeping.

Would this be possible? Otherwise i should just stay at the airport and try to pass the time entertaining myself.

If i leave the airport, i might go visit the shopping centre at Rinku town for dinner and a walk or i could go further on the train, say to dotemburi street and pass a few hours.

What do you think?

Do you know how much a cloak room service at the airport might be?
by cycletourist  

Re: Sleeping overnight in the airport 2014/12/20 12:31
Read KIX web.

KIX access bridge is no bycle/walker road
by train,car(taxi/bus/rent a car)/motorcycle(over 125cc) or ferry from UKB(Kobe) only.
by NNS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sleeping overnight in the airport 2014/12/20 13:13
I think you failed to read and comprehend my question.
by cycletourist rate this post as useful

Re: Sleeping overnight in the airport 2014/12/20 13:14
Please give all the relevant information on each question (which airport? the 10th or which month?) and don't assume people are keeping track of your different questions.

$50 can get you a room in a nearby hotel, just do a search for "Kansai international airport" on booking.com or similar.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Sleeping overnight in the airport 2014/12/20 13:15
Or rather maybe i wasn't clear enough. If i venture out overnight, i would leave my bicycle at the airport and just take the train.

Do you know if i can leave ALL my gear at the airport?

And do you know how it would be to hang out at the airport overnight without having a room booked? I mean of course there are restaurants and i could probably lie down on a chair to sleep but as i'm there such a long time, it would be good to get a break from the place if possible.

I could not carry all my stuff so i can only go out if i can leave it somewhere at the airport.

Re: Sleeping overnight in the airport 2014/12/20 13:18

Yes you are right i should have said 10th may. And i mean Kansai airport. I thought i said that sorry.

$50 is too much for my budget. I could go to $30. That's it. Most of my paid accommodations will be in hostels.

Re: Sleeping overnight in the airport 2014/12/20 13:33
Yes, there is a baggage storage service. You can also leave stuff in coin lockers overnight.

http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/service/baggage/index.html
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Sleeping overnight in the airport 2014/12/20 14:01
That's excellent. thanks. The prices vary so much and the aeroplane looks like the ideal place for my gear, especially if i can fit it all in one locker. Although if my bike is still in its box, it probably won't fit and i'll have to leave it somewhere else.

There's certainly a lot of stuffing about when travelling with a bike because airports and other transport organisations do not want to consider our needs.

reply to this thread