Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sight seeing in Biei/Furano during winter 2014/12/29 17:43
Hi!

We're going to Hokkaido next Feb. to see snow festivals in Sapporo and Asahikawa, and we're considering a day trip to pass by Biei/Furano. We're very interested to see the beautiful sights like Blue Pond, Philosophy Tree, etc...

However, I would like to clarify more details so we can have better idea:

1. Are they accessible via public transportation? (train/bus) At least particularly the following:
- Blue Pond (I think there is regular bus passing? Can I know schedule?)
- Philosophy Tree
- Ken and Mary Tree
- Mild Seven Tree

We don't want to consider car rental (as much as possible), and even bike rentals actually... so we prefer public transportation... or walking.

2. For the Trees, can I know their locations? I know they are either in the Patchwork or Panorama Road, and we might choose to go to one place only, depending where most of those sights are found.

3. Are the lavender fields completely useless to see in winter? (i mean, everything is just covered in snow) What else is there to see around Furano in winter except skiing? just the cheese factory?

Thanks for any replies!
by anon (guest)  

Re: Sight seeing in Biei/Furano during winter 2014/12/30 19:53
by aotani (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread