Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage Storage at Mt Takao 2015/1/5 21:36
I'm on a tight schedule so I'm thinking of going to Mt Takao on the way through from Matsumoto to Tokyo in February but because I am transferring places with my partner we will have two large (61 cm) suitcases with us. I was wondering if anyone know if there were many and likely available luggage lockers at (preferably) Takaosanguchi Station or (less preferable) Takao Station?
Or what other arrangements were there i.e luggage storage facilities, manned counters?
As I don't really want to spend 4000 yen to transfer them via takuhaibin.

On a side note what are some must-dos / routes for an afternoon at Mt Takao in winter?

p.s I have found a map of Takao Station and it says it does have coin lockers, but I'm struggling to find information on suitcase size lockers or availability of said lockers. I would hate to rock up and have nowhere to store my luggage. (http://www.keio.co.jp/train/station/station_map/pdf/k42_takao.pdf)
by Dan (guest)  

Re: Luggage Storage at Mt Takao 2015/1/6 10:13
both are very small stations and i don't recall seeing any large lockers there in the past. You best chance would be to stop at hachoiji and there should be some large lockers there.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage Storage at Mt Takao 2015/1/11 21:05
Thanks for that answer.
Hopefully Hachioji has luggage lockers because that's the plan now. I guess the next question would be.

How long would we need to explore Mt Takao?

Would 3 hours be enough to scale and enjoy it, would we be best to take the funicular both ways or at least one way. Also how much time would be spent at the monkeys as well.
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread