Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Walking, Hiking, and Nature 2015/1/28 08:33
What is a good place in Japan where it is in a mountainous area that I can walk around and hike without using public transportation.

Any suggestions on places to stay (private room/not shared) - not too expensive?

I am looking for a variety of things to do outside, yet in a not too remote area.

Thank you.
by ElvenElegance  

Re: Walking, Hiking, and Nature 2015/1/28 11:39
I thought Hakone was too steep and the forest too thick for walks in the forest, at least at Gora. The same with Takayama although the park at Takayama and the Squirrel park have nice trails. The path from Magome to Tsumago has a very nice bushwalk which has streams and a waterfall, in fact I thought it was a let down as a historical site but nice for nature and it might be exactly what you are looking for. Other than that, there are some hikes at Karuizawa including one from the top of the Ginza Street to a lookout (about 2km) which is good exercise, or plenty of hikes at Kamikouchi especially if you are early enough to miss the tourists. For accommodation, I liked Onsen Hotel at Kamikouchi very much, and Tsuruya Ryokan at Karuizawa, also Hotel associa at Takayama.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Walking, Hiking, and Nature 2015/1/28 15:04
There are good nature in Nagano prefecture.

Kamikochi, Togakushi, Tsumago and Narai etc.

by Travel Arrange Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Walking, Hiking, and Nature 2015/1/28 16:09
by TG (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread