Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

All you can sail Okinawa island ticket 2015/2/14 23:36
In the Lonely Planet guide there is this info:
"little- known but great deal in its norihōdai kippu (2nd- class sleeping rooms; \14,600), which lets you get on and off its south- or north- bound ferries freely within seven days"

I checked the A line website and I couldn't find any additional info. Also tried to look for this ticket in English sources, but no info.

Could you help? Is this norihōdai kippu stil valid offer? Anybody used it before?

Thanks in advance!
Peter

Source:
https://books.google.pl/books?id=ERyDAAAAQBAJ&pg=PT1610&lpg=PT1610&dq=...
by mechanmx  

Re: All you can sail Okinawa island ticket 2015/2/15 10:20
I couldn't find any information, either. My guess is that a regular ticket for the 2nd class (this tends to be a large carpeted room - no reservations possible) may happen to allow stop-overs along the way, just like non-reserved train tickets (for distances over 100 km) allow for stop-overs. And not by default, then by indicating at the time of purchase.

This is just my guess...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: All you can sail Okinawa island ticket 2015/2/22 20:24
Ok Uji, thank you for your help!
by mechanmx rate this post as useful

Re: All you can sail Okinawa island ticket 2015/12/10 17:59
I just found this in an article. Hope this helps.

This was the third straight year that Ifd returned to Okinawa via ferry and I decided that this time I would take advantage of the gisland hoppingh option offered by the Marix and A-Line shipping companies and spend a couple of days in the Amami islands.

Both the Marix and A-Line ferries follow the same route and the same schedule (weather permitting). Ships depart Kagoshima at 6 p.m. daily and arrive at Naha at 7 p.m. the following day. En route they stop at Amami Oshima, Tokunoshima, Okinoerabu, Yoron and Motobu, before concluding the voyage at Naha. The reverse routes depart Naha at 7 a.m. and arrive at Kagoshima at 8:30 the next morning.

"This gisland hoppingh service allows you to get off the ship at any island and reboard another ship within a one-week period. Only Tourist Class (2nd Class) passengers are eligible and passengers travelling by car, motorcycle or bicycle, or with a pet or a surfboard, cannot use the service. After you board the vessel you must get a transfer certificate at the shipfs information desk. The best part is that you donft pay extra for the service — your ticket from Kagoshima to Naha, for example, is your full fare for one week, no matter how many times you get off at a different island."

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2014/03/08/travel/island-hop-to-frien...
by Philipp (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: All you can sail Okinawa island ticket 2015/12/12 15:19
If you are unaware of it, JAL offers its Okinawa Island Pass that gives you more time to see the islands and no time on a boat.

http://www.churashima.net/jta/company/islandpass_en.html
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread