Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Katsura Rikyu Tour in Kyoto 2015/2/23 07:33
Hi,
Next time I go to Kyoto I'd like to visit the Katsura Rikyu. I know you need to sign up beforehand and it is done as a tour.
I'd like to ask anyone who has been there for their impressions of it. I've seen some pictures of it online and many look extremely nice. My question though is if you can stop a moment here or there (not too short, not too long) to enjoy the beauty of the scene, or you are constantly led by the nose in a "move along, move along" fashion like on some other tours.
Ideally I'd love to just stop here or there after the tour and gaze into the beauty, but I tend to doubt that's allowed.
If anyone could give more info, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
by atochie  

Re: Katsura Rikyu Tour in Kyoto 2015/2/23 09:59
I'd like to ask anyone who has been there for their impressions of it.

It is one of the most beautiful Japanese gardens I have ever seen. And the tours have become better, too, over the years.

My question though is if you can stop a moment here or there (not too short, not too long) to enjoy the beauty of the scene, or you are constantly led by the nose in a "move along, move along" fashion like on some other tours.

The rules are rather strict. You always move in a group. You stop at multiple places along the way where explanations are provided and where you have time to take photos. But while walking between the points, you are not allowed to stop or take photos.

In the past, you were not allowed to take photos, at all, which was very disappointing.

Ideally I'd love to just stop here or there after the tour and gaze into the beauty

That is not possible. The group leaves the garden together at the end of the tour.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread