Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kurashiki or mount koya 2015/2/27 07:52
on our way to Hiroshima we planned to stay one night at Kurashiki. is it worth while or maybe we should go instead to Mount Koya?
by choula veller (guest)  

Re: kurashiki or mount koya 2015/2/27 11:48
It depends on your interests.
There is nothing else like Mt Koya: it is absolutely unique.
Kurashiki has some preserved historic areas and art museums etc so is nothing like Mt Koya
They are totally different experiences.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: kurashiki or mount koya 2015/2/28 18:11
I like both. It depends a lot on your interests. Kurashiki's historic district is large and has a lot of nice little shops and museums. There are also other things in the area, such as Korakuen Garden in Okayama, the Kibi Plains, etc. that make it very easy to fill the day.

Mount Koya is a nice mountain temple complex, with the Okunoin area walk through the graves as its highlight.

Mount Koya is almost surely going to be "out of the way" rather than "on the way", so there are few places that would warrant passing through Mount Koya on the way to Hiroshima, but it's doable.

It's really just up to your own preferences.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: kurashiki or mount koya 2015/2/28 18:25
I would stay at either Okayama or Kurashiki as they are on the way. Okayama has Korakuen garden which I love & Kurashiki has the Ohara museum of art and the Bikan area.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread