Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suggest for the pass 2015/2/28 15:06
Hi,
We're planning to visit Kansai in April. But we're not sure what pass that we should use. So could tou please suggest us for the right one.
Here is our plan:
Day 1: Osaka airport - Kanasawa
day 2 : kanasawa - shira - kanasawa
day 3 : kanasawa - kyoto - Nara - Kyoto
Day 4: kyoto
Day 5: kyoto-osaka
Day 6: osaka
Day 7: Osaka airport

Actually, we're considering this pass: Takayama Hokuriku Pass from Day1 to Day 5.

However, we're not sure if we can use this pass for the bus in Kyoto and for the train from Kyoto to Osaka. Moreover, you have any other suggestion if there is more suitable pass for us?

Thank you so much.
by NinG (guest)  

Re: Suggest for the pass 2015/3/1 04:49
The T-H tourist Pass covers four reserved seats on the two Limited Express trains that are covered by the pass:

Nagoya to Takayama
Osaka to Kyoto to Kanazawa.

I do not believe that any bus ride in Kyoto will be cover by this pass. You will be able to use the pass to hop between Kyoto and Osaka if you wish.

Considering that the reserved seat from Kyoto to Kanazawa is 6900 yen each way, the pass will pay for anyone just wanting to go to Kanazawa and back, let alone adding a trip to Shirakawa-go.

Just a note, I think this pass works well with the Kintetsu Pass, because that pass completes the loop by going from Nagoya to Osaka-Namba. The Kintetsu pass will also cover travel between Kyoto and Osaka, and will also get you to Nara. The wide version also includes airport transfers to the Namba area of Osaka, but I am not sure if you need this pass.

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread