Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

transportation from narita at night 2015/3/12 23:18
Hello!
We'll arrive at Narita at 9pm, if the plane isn't delayed. We are 20 people and we have to go to an hotel near Minami-Senju.
I've seen the last train is about 10.50pm (and it's a slow one, non convenient). I'm not sure we can catch it or a previous one (time to get our luggage, time to go to the station, to by the 20 tickets,...)
Can somebody advice me about a mean of transportation, not expensive, after 11pm?
I'll we be with a teen-agers group. It's not me who chose the hour of our arrival at Narita, nor the hotel, but I have to find a way to arrive at the hotel.
Thank you for your help!
by Joguy  

Re: transportation from narita at night 2015/3/13 15:37
Pretty tight since you need to clear immigration, collect baggage, clear customs and make your way down to the railway station below. Keisei Railways , last departure from Narita Airport Terminal 1 is 2239hrs, arrives Nippori at 2354hrs, costs Y1030. You need to change to JR at Nippori, departing at 0003hrs, arrives Minami Senju at 0008hrs. I don't know whether you can buy a through ticket or you need to buy individually. Both railways at Nippori shoud be next to each other. There is an airport limousine service, but I am not familiar with it. I hope someone will provide you with a better solution. What I usually do when I arrive late at night in Japan is to overnight at the airport, but this is because I usually travel alone. Either way, if you cannot make it to the hotel, you have to pay for no show, or you may have to pay a hefty price to get to the hotel. Perhaps, you could look at staying at a hotel near the airport, this will take the stress and uncertainty out of the equation for the first night.
by CS Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: transportation from narita at night 2015/3/26 22:21
I have the same issue arriving at 9 (21:00) and will not make Limo Bus or the JR express trains. I guess the other railway line is the only option besides taking a taxi? Can anyone else confirm this?
by julik rate this post as useful

reply to this thread