Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling within Japan 2015/3/16 01:43
Guys, I need some help.
I would be traveling from Kyoto to Lake Yamanaka (Mt Fuji) and then from Lake Yamanaka to Tokyo.

Please advise if the following is correct.

From Kyoto to Lake Yamanaka
-Take the Shinkansen from Kyoto to Nagoya/Shizuoka and transfer, then take to Shin-Fuji station.

From Shin-Fuji Station to Tokyo
- It is direct and does not need a transfer.

If I will to include taking the Shinkansen from Osaka airport to Kyoto, would it be better if I take the JR Pass?

Thanks in advance!
by pinktrave (guest)  

Re: Help with traveling within Japan 2015/3/16 10:32
From Kyoto to Lake Yamanaka
-Take the Shinkansen from Kyoto to Nagoya/Shizuoka and transfer, then take to Shin-Fuji station.

No, take the shinkansen to Mishima Station and then the bus to the lake.

From Shin-Fuji Station to Tokyo
- It is direct and does not need a transfer.

There are lots of options going from Fujigoko to Tokyo, but it depends on where you end up after Yamanakako. Will you be visiting any of the other lakes?

If I will to include taking the Shinkansen from Osaka airport to Kyoto, would it be better if I take the JR Pass?

It will likely be cheaper to buy regular tickets over a pass.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling within Japan 2015/3/16 17:51
Thanks, yllwsmrf!

I think this is a headache. haha. i will be staying over at Hotel Mt. Fuji. might be traveling to the Hakone area, or the Fuji Safari Park, or maybe the Shrine.

If i will to travel to Tokyo after checking out from the hotel, it will be the same route via Mishima??
by pinktrave (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling within Japan 2015/3/16 18:29
If i will to travel to Tokyo after checking out from the hotel, it will be the same route via Mishima??

Yes, if you don't do anything after the hotel.

might be traveling to the Hakone area, or the Fuji Safari Park, or maybe the Shrine.

Those are all on different sides of the mountain, and each has different routes back to Tokyo.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling within Japan 2015/3/28 23:43
Hi all, so what bus is there to take at Mishima to Lake Yamanaka? tyvm
by shu385 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling within Japan 2015/3/29 00:56
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread