Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Differences between these Japanese cities 2015/3/31 07:13
Japanese through Japanese's eyes (ranging from regional and cultural differences. friendly jibes, rivalries, inside jokes, steriotypes.)

Hey guys I'm fascinated with Japan and Japanese culture/history. I've read quite a bit about it in my free time. Now, there are things one can't find in books or in any other traditional source. Things only someone who lives there knows.

I'd like to know the differences between these cities: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya, Kamakura, and Sapporo (or Hokkaido in general) through natives' (or foreign people who lived in the country) eyes.

Whatever you can possibly know is interesting to me. But I'm specially curious about how Japanese see each other. It may be stereotypes (positive or negative), (inside) jokes, rivalries, or different aspects about the cities themselves.

For example, I lived in Switzerland, Brazil and Italy. If asked for these information about these countries, I would have a lot to say from things I've heard while living there.

Thanks in adv. I'm anxious for what you guys have to say about it :D
by cherrysweets  

Re: Differences between these Japanese cities 2015/3/31 13:31
This should probably be in "Other", as it's unrelated to travel.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread