Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Internet provider as a resident 2015/4/18 23:24
Dear all,

I am living in Japan and will move to my apartment next week. I wanted to get some help on what are the different internet services available, I know there are some articles about that but cannot find something clear enough. I wanted to know what are the contract duration and if we can cancel before the end.
One of my colleague told me that there are some boxes that can give internet access with a monthly payment?

Thank you for your help
by carlito (guest)  

Re: Internet provider as a resident 2015/4/20 10:57
I am living in Japan and will move to my apartment next week. I wanted to get some help on what are the different internet services available, I know there are some articles about that but cannot find something clear enough.

Generally options are fiber optic, dsl, or cable, but it depends on your specific address. I recommend checking out bbapply.com for more info. They are a free English service to help foreign residents set up internet.

I wanted to know what are the contract duration and if we can cancel before the end.

It depends, but I think most have a 2-year contract that are cancellable with a small fee.

One of my colleague told me that there are some boxes that can give internet access with a monthly payment?

Can you be more specific? Do you mean like a portable wifi? If so, those are also widely available but may be more expensive than regular broadband options. Also, they are generally on contract.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread