Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary for Iriomote day tour 2015/4/24 14:46
Hi all!

I'll be in Ishigaki at the end of June and wanted to spend a day on Iriomote. I've browsed through lots of guided tours, but kind of feel like they are either too "touristy", or too localized, or in Japanese...

Anyway, what I'd like to do:
- Kayaking down one of the rivers
- Hiking, especially wanted to visit some waterfalls (which ones are the must, and which I can skip? I heard Pinaisara is the one to visit.)
- Yubu Island (worth a trip or not?)

What else would you recommend to visit? Can you suggest an itinerary?

I don't mind tours and if you have something to recommend, I'd be happy to consider. But if it is possible to do on my own, it would be even better. I'm very fit and enjoy hiking, so usually find walking tours to be too sluggish...

Cheers!
by sashkello  

Re: Itinerary for Iriomote day tour 2015/4/27 07:14
I did the trip with http://english.iriomote-osanpo.com/ and was very happy with the service, but there are quite few other companies which offer the same stuff for similar prices.

Pinaisara fall is very nice, if you do the kayak + walk in the jungle to the top of the fall, your day will be complete already.

If you wanna go off the beaten path you need to sleep in Iriomote and even then you'd need to hire a guide for yourself and go to the rainforest, which might be quite expensive.
by Sputnikboy rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary for Iriomote day tour 2015/4/27 17:51
I agree with Sputnikboy that a day trip including kayaking down the river then hiking through the jungle to the Pinaisara Falls then back down again, have a swim in the pool at the bottom of the falls, then kayak back along the river is pretty much a full day and great fun. Look out for the amazing huge tree roots that are used for boat rudders! (http://www.internationaleclaire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/DSCN792...)

Yubu is fun to visit on the water buffalo wagon but apart from the butterfly garden, there's not really much to see.

by Saru Bob (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread