Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Oct Itinerary & JR pass suggestion 2015/5/26 10:38
Hi Guys,

I'm going to Japan in mid Oct with my husband and need suggestion which rail pass is best. We want to try the shinkansen of course but I don't think 7days JR pass id beneficial for us.

Here's our itinerary:
Day 1: Depart at night from Jakarta
Day 2: Arrive in Osaka KIX Airport - explore Osaka and go to Kyoto hotel
Day 3: USJ - to Osaka again for dinner
Day 4: Arashiyama - Fushimi Inari - Kobe
Day 5: Ginkakuji, Kiyomizudera, Gion - explore Kyoto
Day 6: Kyoto to Shinjuku - Harajuku - Shibuya - Shinjuku
Day 7: Ueno - Asakusa - Akihabara - Shinjuku
Day 8: Tsukiji - Disneyland
Day 9: Disneysea
Day 10: Tokyo to Hakone
Day 11: Hakone to Shinagawa - Ginza - Odaiba
Day 12: Go home from Haneda Airport

Please advise which travel pass is best for our trip?
Current plan is: 3 days JR Kansai pass, 1 day Osaka eco card pass, Hakone 2 days pass, 3 days Disney resort line pass & IC Card.

Thank you.

Tie410
by Tie410 (guest)  

Re: Oct Itinerary & JR pass suggestion 2015/5/26 14:23
No pass is ideal for your trip. You would have to purchase single one way tickets.

Your day of kyoto shinjuku and shibuya is pretty packed. You might not be able to do all your shopping. Shinjuku itself takes about 5 days to shop. If just for sightseeing than you might be able to do just shinjuku alone.

You can get the hakone free pass that allows you to get from shinjuku to hakone and back. It also allows you to get on a ferry and take a cable car. If you only want to go to hakone and are not interested in the cable car and ferry rides, you would have to purchase normal individual tickets.
by Joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Oct Itinerary & JR pass suggestion 2015/5/26 14:36
Thanks Joshua,

I guess so, I have done lots of research and I guess the best way is to purchase 1 day pass for the city.

For Day 6: Kyoto to Shinjuku - Harajuku - Shibuya - Shinjuku
Shinjuku is basically where we stay so the whole day will be to explore Harajuku & Shibuya. And travel from Kyoto in the morning. Thanks for your comment!

Tie410
by Tie410 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread