Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fujikyu bus 2015/5/26 16:08
Hi everyone,

Is is possible to get the Fujikyu bus mount climbing tickets from the 5th station instead? Example like Suburu line 5th Station.

I understand that the round trip is valid for 2 days, does this mean that I can travel on it as and when I like during this 2 days?

Also, would it be difficult to get the tickets on the day that I wish to climb Fuji(climbing season)?
by JustYang  

Re: Fujikyu bus 2015/5/26 16:41
Is is possible to get the Fujikyu bus mount climbing tickets from the 5th station instead? Example like Suburu line 5th Station.

If you want to purchase one way tickets back to Tokyo, then yes you can buy them at the Fuji Subaru Line 5th Station.

I understand that the round trip is valid for 2 days, does this mean that I can travel on it as and when I like during this 2 days?

It seems that you have to reserve specific departures if you want to get roundtrip tickets.

Also, would it be difficult to get the tickets on the day that I wish to climb Fuji(climbing season)?

It should be fine except maybe during the busiest parts of the season. When are you planning on going?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Fujikyu bus 2015/5/26 16:44
Btw, there isn't a discount for round trip tickets so you're probably best off purchasing your return ticket once you get back down the mountain.

Re: Fujikyu bus 2015/5/26 17:07
Hello yllwsmrf,

Thanks for replying.

Hmm, what if I wanted to go to Kawaguchiko station instead? From Suburu 5th station to Kawaguchiko station. Do they sell it there? Or it's only available for tickets to Tokyo?

I'm actually planning on climbing on the July 31st. My plan's to visit Shizuoka, have a look at some of the attractions, then proceed to Fuji/Fujinomiya station and get a ticket to Fujinomiya 5th station. Then I would climb to the peak and wait to look at the sunrise (1st Aug). Would then proceed to descend to Suburu Line 5th station. Hopefully purchase a ticket from Suburu 5th station to Kawaguchiko station.
by JustYang rate this post as useful

Re: Fujikyu bus 2015/5/26 17:10
No problem, it's just a different bus. Here's the timetable:

http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/fuji_season.html

Re: Fujikyu bus 2015/5/26 17:17
yllwsmrf,

Oh I saw this the other day, but was still in doubt whether I could purchase at the 5th station.
Thanks for the prompt reply and clearing my doubts.

Re: Fujikyu bus 2015/5/26 17:40
You can go to Kawaguchiko sta from Mt Fuji 5th sta(Subaru line 5th) every 30 mins interval in summer season, and , every 60 mins interval in off season. If the bus is fully booked, wait for the next to come.
It costs you 1540 Yen for one adult passanger. If you want to buy a round(return) ticket, which is 2100 Yen, you must buy it at either Fujisan sta or Kawaguchiko sta, buy ticket office. A round(return) ticket is not available at Subaru 5th sta.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Fujikyu bus 2015/5/26 17:43
Hi tokyo friend 48,

Ah, thank you very much for that detailed explanations. Ok, makes things easier on my side.

reply to this thread