Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Kippu (2015) 2015/6/29 18:03
Hi,
I am planning a trip at end/Oct arriving Chibu Airport on 24/Oct.
I saw the Tateyama Kurobe Alphine Kippu availability but I couldn't find the details in the JR Central website (English) version. However, it was stated in previous forum that it is available in the JR Central Japanese Language, but sadly I don't understand. Is there someone who happen to know or have a copy in English version that you can share?
I also understand that I can purchase this ticket in JR stations when i arrived, which will be at Nagoya station. Would I be in a situation that the ticket will be sold out when I arrived? If there is this possibility, then maybe i should plan a safer route by doing self drive via rent a car service?

Thanks for any one who can help for me to plan my itinerary from 24/Oct to 31/Oct, from : Nagoya-Takayama-Shiragawa-Toyama-Kurobe George Railway-Tateyama Kurobe-Alphine-Matsumoto-Nagoya (8Days)

Sally
by Sally Soh  

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Kippu (2015) 2015/6/30 18:34
Hihi,

I think this is what you're looking for?

http://english.jr-central.co.jp/shinkansen/value/tateyamakurobe/index....

If you're doing the alpine route course, renting a car won't help as you cant drive up the mountain, unless you rent 2 separate vehicles.

I think the kurobe gorge can be done as a day trip from Toyama - not sure about your itinerary but that's the way i'm planning it for mine :p

your itinerary looks pretty tight, if i count:

Day 1 - Land in Nagoya
Day 2 - Takayama
Day 3 - Shirakawa
Day 4 - Toyama / Kurobe
Day 5 - Tateyama Alpine Route
Day 6 - Matsumoto
Day 7 - Nagoya
Day 8 - Flying Back

Taking into consideration of your flight timings, it seems like you'll be moving areas almost everyday!
by BloodPrincess rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Kippu (2015) 2015/6/30 18:58
HI Bloodpricess,
amazing I had been looking at this website for almost last 3 months and magically it is available now..thank you so much for sharing..exactly what I need.
You are almost correct, I am planning moving hotel almost everyday or every 2 days.
What is your recommendations to be able to have a more relaxed itinerary?
This is mine :
Day 1 - Land in Nagoya early morning head towards Takayama
Day 2 - Shirakawa
Day 3 - Toyama / Kurobe
Day 4 - Tateyama Alpine Route
Day 5 - Matsumoto/Kamikichi
Day 6 - Matsumoto
Day 7 - Nagoya (Nagashima Resort)
Day 8 - Flying Back

Thanks
Sally
by Sally Soh rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Kippu (2015) 2015/6/30 21:04
Hi Sally,

I think it would probably be okay - I've never travelled that loop myself so I'm not an expert on the subject. I vaguely recall transport from Takayama to Shirakawa isn't frequent (by bus), so you may need to book buses in advance. Assuming that you're also taking the bus back, take note that buses leave Shirakawa fairly early - I recall a 4pm or so that heads back to Kanazawa, not sure if it's the same for Takayama.

For Kurobe course, it's the same, timetables maxed out you will also need to complete your course by around 4pm - there's a detailed website that states the timings per train. Queues can get pretty long I've heard, considering to book early may help. When I tried to plan for my trip (coincidentally in october too), I'm not able to stop at all 3 stations due to lack of time, so you may need to check the timings and see if you'd have to do the same.

Alpine Route wise, I'm heading for a 2 day trip with a 1 night stay in Murodo. Not sure if 1 day trip would be too much of a rush, but seeing japan-guide it seems possible. Do take note the last bus that leaves for Shinano Omachi though. Leave yourself ample time to finish the course if not you'd be stuck!
by BloodPrincess rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Kippu (2015) 2015/7/1 08:47
HI Bloodyprincess,
I am going to book the Shirakawa-go and Ainokura Bus Tour which starts at 8.30-3.10, then i will head to Toyama. Hotels that are booked are all nearby the train station so leaving early should not be a problem.
The 1 day itinerary at Alphine Route is aggressive, and as Japan Guide advised, 6 hours on the Route is do-able but I think it's going to be a challenge since this is my 1st trip here and no tips from friends yet cause most of my friends had not been to this place. I am going to see if i should make it a 2 nights in the Aphine.
Can you share hotel at Murodo (hopefully not too expensive) and what is your proposal of the stop over and durations ? Being in end/Oct, hopefully peak season is over and not too crowded, any advance reservations on the transportation i should made and when/how i can make the reservation?

Sally

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Kippu (2015) 2015/7/1 08:50
HI Bloodprincess,
I meant to spend 2 days in Aphine, not 2 nights :)

A big sorry i had your name wrongly spelled Bloodyprincess.

Thank you, Sally

reply to this thread