Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Stolen wallet - bicycle registration 2015/7/4 11:30
My wallet was stolen last week and I already applied for a new cashcard, have a new zairyu card, went to the police...

but I totally forgot about my bicycle registration paper. It was also in my wallet (registered to me). Where can I get a new one? Should I go to the local koban, show them the loss proof number and have them issue me a new one?

I got the bike 2nd hand from Suginami Green Cycle and they registered it for me so I don't know how to proceed. Thanks
by asahana (guest)  

Re: Stolen wallet - bicycle registration 2015/7/4 16:51
Yes, that's what you can do. If you registered your wallet at a koban you can go there, or any koban will do.

By the way, I don't think you really have to carry your bike registeration around. Of course, it will be handy when you need to prove it's yours, but it's not that it's the law to always carry it. Your bike can also be traced by the number engraved on your bicycle itself.

I truly hope your wallet shows up. I know it sucks.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stolen wallet - bicycle registration 2015/7/4 17:39
Suginami Green Cycle center will keep the registration form which I have filled, I think they will re-issue the copy for you. Koban and police station both don't re-issue the copy(the record is kept in Tokyo Police Dept for 10 years).

Or simply, re-register your bicycle number again by paying another 500 Yen. Suginami Green Cycle center may suggest to do that. Then you will get a new registered number and the copy of it.

You do not bring the copy always except for the first 2 month since you have registered it until the number is recorded in the police department's computer. Just take a picture of the copy and keep in safe place.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Stolen wallet - bicycle registration 2015/7/4 18:54
the card may not be re-issued in Tokyo.
since your name was recorded in their database, I think you have no problem, even if you lost the card.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread