Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working For ANA (All Nippon Airways) 2015/7/11 18:54
Hi, I am not sure whether this is the right place to post my questions, but I just give it a shot. Currently, I owned a PPL (Private Pilot License) from Singapore. So, I wanted to work as a pilot for ANA in the future. Why ANA and not JAL? Because I saw a statement on JAL sites is that they accept Japanese only and I'm a Singaporean. Does ANA accepts foreigner like me? I wanted to be an expatriate in Japan, but in order to be a commercial pilot for ANA, I need to have CPL/IR. So the question is.. is there any flight school for me to earn my CPL/IR? And the second question is does ANA recruits foreigner? Please note that I can only speak some basic words of Japanese and cannot really converse well.
by SLee998  

Re: Working For ANA (All Nippon Airways) 2015/7/12 13:15
As far as I can see from their website, they hire both Japanese and non-Japanese. However, they will give the same exams in Japan to all applicants. (I believe you need to have graduated from an undergraduate course at least.) You might want to directly inquire with them for their requirements.

There seem to be a few ways to become pilots at ANA.

(1) Join the company and get trained in-house to become pilots.
(2) Some go to Civil Aviation College of Japan, train for two years, then join ANA.
(3) ANA has an alliance wih Tokai University, where they send their students to a school in the US for two years then hire as pilots.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Working For ANA (All Nippon Airways) 2015/7/12 19:54
Hi AK,

1)If I join Civil Aviation College of Japan, do I have to restudy my PPL again? Or I continued from where I stopped?

2)can you give me a link of ANA where I can contact them?
by SLee998 rate this post as useful

Re: Working For ANA (All Nippon Airways) 2015/7/13 04:06
Air Japan (an ANA subsidiary) hires foreign pilots as does Peach (ANA-owned low cost airline, and you wouldn't need Japanese language for it. So that would be possible.
by Mr Shippy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working For ANA (All Nippon Airways) 2015/7/13 10:14
you are in the first stage to be a professional pilot.
there is a governmental school, 航空大学校. you may not be qualified, if you don't have a permanent residency of Japan. they teach in Japanese. after graduation, you apply to ANA as a pilot candidate. (you still don't have professional full licenses, after graduation.)
you can apply to ANA as a pilot candidate. (there seems to be no restrictions for foreigners). but, I think it is highly unlikely to accept foreigners, who don't understand Japanese fully.
the first salary is 201,848 yen per month, for 22 years old of university graduated candidate.
http://ana-recruit.com/jobs/pilot/recruitment.html

if you already have the licenses, by which you can carry passengers, you could be hired as a pilot, as mentioned by other posters.

I believe that Japanese airline companies make much emphasis of steady flight skills and calm characteristics, all the time. the pilots are not requested to have an acrobatic ability.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working For ANA (All Nippon Airways) 2015/7/13 11:48
I guess I cannot enrol to 航空大学校 since I'm not a PR of Japan and even though I'm a PR, I am still unable to understand their teachings in Japanese. So I guess I have to go with Air Japan as suggested by one of the posters above.

Re: Working For ANA (All Nippon Airways) 2015/7/13 12:05
if you have the complete licenses by which you can fly commercial planes, like Boeing jets, you can be hired. since you don't have,they will not hire you as a pilot. you are not a pilot, just a candidate.

Re: Working For ANA (All Nippon Airways) 2015/7/13 14:50
All international pilots communicate in English. This is the official
language of air travel, no matter where you are taking off from and where you are landing.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working For ANA (All Nippon Airways) 2015/7/13 20:36
Hi Ken,

You mean I will be hired by Air Japan or Peach when I have the complete license?

Hi LoveJapan,

Yes I knew this, but to be accepted by a major Japanese airlines such as ANA , I need to speak Japanese at a native level which I don't. So ANA is out from the list.

Re: Working For ANA (All Nippon Airways) 2015/7/13 21:43

Re: Working For ANA (All Nippon Airways) 2015/7/14 01:29
Ken,

Thanks for the link.I'm interested in joining ANA,but I need to speak native level of Japanese which is impossible.I would be graduating in July 2017. So perhaps I hope they will be job vacancy for Air Japan or Peach. Conclusion,there are possibilities for Japanese airlines to hire foreigners right?

reply to this thread