Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Drive to Ibusuki, Makurazaki, Sata-Misaki 2015/7/26 23:53
Hi,
When visiting south Kyushu area I plan on visiting some
rural areas including Makurazaki, Kaimon, Ibusuki as well as Sata-Misaki in a 2-day trip.

There are Toyota rental car shops around Kagoshima and Ibusuki.

To Ibusuki, Kaimon and Makurazaki there are trains but not so often.

Not sure what would be the best, considering roads, traffic, etc...

Either go to and return from Makurazaki in one day, and car to Sata-Misaki the other. Or drive to Makurazaki area, Kaimon, Ibusuki, stay there or boat over to Sata-Misaki area and stay there. Then return to Kagoshima the other day.

Or I could go to Makurazaki by train, back to Kaimon, Ibusuki and stay there, rent a car next day and go ferry to Sata-Misaki, car and back up to Kagoshima where I use the one way-rental system to leave the car.

Maybe an odd question but what do you think would work?
by Utukusi (guest)  

Re: Drive to Ibusuki, Makurazaki, Sata-Misaki 2015/7/28 13:32
To get the most out of only 2 days, I would take a train to Ibusuki to rent a car, and then drive around Kaimon-dake, Lake Ikeda, Chiran, and spend the night in Makurazaki.
http://japanvisitor.blogspot.com/2014/09/lake-ikeda.html
The next day, head to the Nankyu Ferry in Yamagawa to go to Sata Misaki, returning to Ibusuki that evening to turn in the car. You could then stay the night in Ibusuki or take a train up to Kagoshima. Just be aware of the ferry schedule as there are only 4/day on weekdays.
http://nankyu-ferry.com/time/
I've never run into a lot of traffic south of Kagoshima.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Drive to Ibusuki, Makurazaki, Sata-Misaki 2015/7/28 18:37
Thanks for the link to the ferry timetable, good to know.
Wow, pretty expensive fare for taking the car on the ferry (2800~ JPY). But maybe it pays out for not driving back and forth to Kagoshima?

Are there many accomodations in Makurazaki area? I found an older hotel in Sata-Misaki area so that's why I suggested to stay there, but maybe better in Makurazaki?

I plan to get up on Kaimon dake in the morning so I will probably leave really early.
by Utukusi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread