Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nara, Kyoto, Osaka and Koya- in what order 2015/7/28 20:57
Hi, We want to visit one day in Nara, one night in Koya (temple lodging/trip in the graveyard) and then 3 days in Kyoto.

I'll be coming from Tokyo's area so I was thinking doing night at Koya, then Nara and then Kyoto and then Osaka.
Does this makes sense?

Thanks.
by Guest111 (guest)  

Re: Nara, Kyoto, Osaka and Koya- in what order 2015/7/29 11:40
My response to a similar thread five minutes ago:

If you wanted to make it easier accommodation-wise, I would suggest staying in Osaka and from there doing day trips to Kyoto and Nara, then finishing (or starting) with a night on Koyasan. If you're coming from Tokyo and going back there, get a 7-day JR Pass: it pays off by making a return trip between Tokyo and the Kansai area, plus you'd get your travel to/from Nara and Kyoto as bonuses. Kyoto is generally more expensive to stay in than Osaka, and they're not far apart. Do Nara as its own day trip (i.e., not straight after My. Koya) as otherwise you won't have enough time there. If you did get bored in Nara, then Kyoto is not much further away! You could also use the pass to go to Himeji and see the castle.
You'll need to buy separate tickets fro Koyasan (no JR lines there), so consider the World Heritage Pass - includes return travel from major Nankai stations in Osaka, as well as bus travel on Mt. Koya. It's valid for two days so you can stay a night.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread