Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mijayima island 2015/7/29 02:15
hi, everyone. We are stopping at Miyajima with a cruise and I have been told there is no problem taking a speed ferry from Hiroshima Cruising Port into Miyajima to spend a couple of hours visiting around. My only concern is that due to the amount of people that cruises carry there may not be places available at the ferry!!! does anybody know if that is something that happens? Will we have problems getting tickets?
by Maria (guest)  

Re: Mijayima island 2015/7/29 12:20
There are at least two ferries - I think the JR one is licenced to carry about 400 people (read the loading certificate once) and runs every 10 to 15 minutes.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Mijayima island 2015/7/29 14:13
I think the first poster has misunderstood your question. They asked about ferries to/from Hiroshima Cruising Port, by which I believe they mean Hiroshima Port. The ferries the first poster is talking about leave from Miyajima-guchi, which is in a totally different area.

Does your cruise docks at Miyajima, and you want to go to Hiroshima? Or is it the other way around? Either way, your options are:

1. Hiroshima Port: boats, not ferries, make 6-8 round trips a day and take 25 minutes.

2. Miyajima-guchi: ferries (2 companies) make several trips a day and take 10 minutes.

3. Hiroshima Peace Park: boats make 3-12 round trips a day and take 55 minutes.

The most easily accessed route for tourists would be between Peace Park and Miyajima, as these take you directly to the tourist areas. Hiroshima city is a 25 minute train ride, or longer tram ride, from Miyajima-guchi. Hiroshima Port is outside the city (not sure how far), as evident by the difference in boat travel times between the port and the Peace Park.

This page describes the options in more detail, with prices: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3454.html

You should always be able to find a space on a boat/ferry
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mijayima island 2015/7/29 14:23
Ah, yes - my mistake (mis-read the question). Might be interesting to take the link from Hiroshima next time I'm there (probably next month).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread