Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Replacing squat toilet with western toilet 2015/8/1 16:48
Hi,

I live in rural Japan and im trying to replace a squat style toilet with a western style toilet. The quote i have been given for the work is 197928 yen which seems like alot, does anyone else here have experience with this kind of renovation?
by skating101  

Re: Replacing squat toilet with western toilet 2015/8/1 17:40
That quote/price must be for completing replacing the toilet.

My parents installed something like this "over" their old squat toilet. You'd need to look at the size and the surroundings to see if this is usable, but would this be an option?

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/benkei-wakaba/w2123/
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Replacing squat toilet with western toilet 2015/8/2 00:34
I think the quote is an average include floor and wall decoration.
If the floor and wall decoration is not included, it will be around 160,000 Yen.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Replacing squat toilet with western toilet 2015/8/2 16:07

You might as well have a Japanese toilet installed.. The cheapest option would be a western toilet, and replace the seat by an automated bidet ; They are sold in many stores.

To give you a point of reference, I replaced my older water wasting toilet in Canada by a dual flush one, very plain model, and it cost me $ 600 , most of it being labour costs.
by Rueful renard (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread