Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving to Japan 2015/8/4 04:54
My partner and I are 43 and have travelled Japan twice and are completely in love with it. We would like to know the best way to move. What's the best degree to have? Would we need to be married? Speak the language? What's the easiest career to be employed, teaching for example? We think 6 years is realistic to visit more and learn everything we can. Please help. And lastly is 43 well 50 by the time we are ready is this to old?

Thank you
by Josh27  

Re: Moving to Japan 2015/8/4 15:11
First, regarding employment, any degree will do. But your age may be a factor in who hires you. I would suggest start looking for different companies that would be willing to sponsor your visa, and the ages they usually accept applicants. Some companies (the JET Programme for example) have an age limit while others don't. Beyond teaching, if you have a technical degree and 10 years' experience, you could get a job with an international company who has offices/staff in Japan. But teaching is probably the easiest way to go.

It would be better if you and your partner were married simply because if only one of you manages to get a job, the other could come on a dependent visa, and being married makes the process much easier.

It is definitely easier to speak the language, yes. I would urge you to definitely begin learning if you are serious about the move.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread