Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Food in Checked Baggage 2015/8/26 03:57
Hello!

I am planning to travel to Japan next year. I am hoping to bring some packaged (in packets) instant oatmeal in my checked luggage for breakfast. I'm curious about what kinds of food items I can or can't bring into Japan in checked luggage? I figure that fruit (dried even?) is probably not allowed, but what about things like almonds and flax seeds? All in their original packaging unopened, of course - I need to eat a fairy set amount of fiber each day and I'm concerned about not finding the right sources in Japan so if I could bring some things like that it would be a big help.

Thanks!
by Kirjava444 (guest)  

Re: Food in Checked Baggage 2015/8/26 10:18
Packaged foods normally are fine. I've brought protein bars and the like before, so I don't think that sealed, packaged food stuffs should be a problem. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I don't think yours are examples of such.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread