Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trouble with swift code payment 2015/8/30 07:44
Hi! I'm going to be studying japanese in Kyoto from October and I need to pay for the accommodation through their SWIFT code. I used the same method to pay for the school tuition (for a different bank) and had no problem, but the agency where I'm renting the room sent me the code for the BANK OF TOKYO - MITSUBISHI (code: BOTKJPJT) and told me to choose the Kyoto branch, but when I type it there are a lot of different options (for Osaka, Kobe, Sapporo, Hiroshima...) and none for Kyoto. I told them and they just asked me to try again because they always use this code and have no problem and didn't know which code I had to choose from the list, so I'm afraid of making the payment to the wrong bank ):
I made a research on Google too and in every single website there are only the exactly same codes that appear on the list when I try to make the payment.

I hope someone can help me (:

Thank you ^-^
by marinamn  

Re: Trouble with swift code payment 2015/8/30 10:58
http://www.bk.mufg.jp/tsukau/kaigai/soukin/hishimuke.html

swift code :BOTKJPJT
if your bank requesta 11 digits, then BOTKJPJTXXX
number of kyoto branch : 431

Beneficiary Account Number : 431-xxxxxxx (3 digits and 7 digits)
xxxxxxx is the number of receiving account.

there are some branches in Kyoto.
please confirm the branch name is correct.
the similar names are "Kyoto-Chuo Branch" and "Kyoto-Ekimae Branch".(those have different branch numbers.)
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trouble with swift code payment 2015/9/1 09:39
Thank you very much! I finally could make the payment for my room :D
by marinamn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread