Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Day Trip 2015/10/3 07:57
Hello,

We'll get to Odawara at around 9:30am and spend the night in Gora. We have Hakone Free Pass to travel in the region. Since Owakudani area is closed, we plan on paying the ropeway to Kamagatake which is not included in the Pass. Other than that, we would like to include the train, bus, boat, etc. using the Pass as much as possible. Sites we would definitely like to include are Kamagatake, Lake Ashi boat ride, Miyanoshita (worthwhile?) and Open Air Museum. What will be the travel route for the day? Please feel free to include other sites if time permits. Thank you.
by ck (guest)  

Re: Hakone Day Trip 2015/10/3 11:45
Taking the whole route takes most of the day. So you probably won't have much time for the museum and stuff.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Day Trip 2015/10/3 15:00
So you are spending one day in Hakone, and staying that night in Gora. Are you leaving for the next destination early in the morning next day?

If you want to spend good time at the Open Air Museum and Miyanoshita, I recommend spending at least the next morning in the Hakone area.

You could go Odawara - Hakone-yumoto - Gora, then take the alternate bus (instead of the ropeway) to Togendai on the Lake Ashi, then either:
- take the boat across to Moto-Hakone, then take another short boat ride (you need to pay) to go to Hakone-en
- take the bus from Togendai to Hakone-en,
...to go up the ropeway to Mt. Komagatake. Return to Gora for the evening.

Then the next morning, you can spend time at Hakone Open Air Museum and Miyanoshita before you leave. (Or you can switch around the destinations depending on the weather.)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Day Trip 2015/10/5 12:23
Thank you both. Looks like I have to choose either to take the boat ride or go to the museum because I'm leaving Gora early in the morning. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
by ck (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread