Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can an Indians marry Japanese 2015/10/4 04:38
Hi,Im Shaggy, working in UAE and my Fiancee is Japanese , and we've decided to tie the knot and be together forever, So I wanted to know which is best way to get married in India, In Temple or in court, and how long does it take to get the(Marriage Certificate) and then to get the spouse Visa?

Is that really an easy process?

Would appreciate if any one could help out.

Thanks
by SHAGGY (guest)  

Re: Can an Indians marry Japanese 2015/10/5 10:26
Hi OP,

I guess its easier if you register you marriage in a city hall in Japan (near where your gf reside) first. All you need to do is ask your future wife to get a konin todoke (form of registration of marriage), fill it up then submit in city hall. As you are a foreigner you will be needing to submit additional documents such as affidavit of competency to marry where you can get from your embassy in Japan, let it be translated in Japanese (But if its from your embassy in japan I believed it has a Japanese translation already), a copy of your passport and birth certificate with a Japanese translation.

Once you have all the documents you and your wife will need to go to the city hall together and submit the documents. Your wife who is a Japanese will have a new koseki with her name and your name in it. This document will be submitted in Japan Immigration together with other documents required once you apply for a spouse visa. Don't worry koseki is a legal proof of marriage in Japan. The new koseki will be available in a couple of days (usually 3 working days).

Don't forget to report your marriage in your embassy in Japan too.

As for temple wedding, that's just the ceremony so you may do that in India or Japan if you want.

BTW, I'm also a foreigner married to a Japanese.
by navi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread