Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiroshima to Tokyo feasibility 2015/10/4 15:03
Hi,
Im am planning a Japan trip and want your feedback please.
Landing at Kansai airport then train to Hiroshima for 2 nights. After Hiroshima and Miyajima island train to Kyoto for 4 nights. From kyoto side trip to Nara, Osaka and Himeji castle. After sight seeing within Kyoto, train to Tokyo for 5 nights. From Tokyo side trip to Hakone, Enoshima island, Kamakura and Yokohama. Few days roaming in Tokyo streets including Odaiba. Leave Tokyo from Hanrda airport.
Will use '7-day JR pass' for the first 7 days and after that while in Tokyo will use IC cards etc. (may suggest here the best pass to commute).
I have not come across any itinerary in this direction/path; so please comment on its viability including immigration clearance at Kansai/ conversion to JR pass and seat reservation for Bullet train to Hiroshima and any other point.
Thank you.
by Nick Shaw (guest)  

Re: Hiroshima to Tokyo feasibility 2015/10/4 17:37
What is it exactly that you are unsure of? You can see on the JR Pass website that it is possible to exchange it at Kansai airport, and you can look up connections from Kansai airport to Hiroshima on Hyperdia.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima to Tokyo feasibility 2015/10/4 18:14
What you need to note is that the pass is only changeable at the JR office at Kansai Airport station. This office opens after the first train arrives and before the last train leaves. This means if your flight is at some ungodly hour than you cannot use the pass on the first day. Or you got to sleep in the airport and wait till the office opens.

With regards to time and places, I see no faults. A day in Hiroshima and a day in Miyajima.
Then four days in Kyoto sounds valid. I would always opt for more time in Kyoto. I can skip Osaka altogether if I am spending too little time in Kyoto.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread