Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying reserve train tickets in Japan 2015/10/7 18:03
Where is the most convenient place to buy train tickets. I will be arriving at Haneda airport and staying in Asakusa. I want to buy reserved train tickets from Asakusa, Nagoya, Takayama travelling 3 days later. I will not have a JR Pass and no other pass suits.
by Marypmod (guest)  

Re: Buying reserve train tickets in Japan 2015/10/8 11:58
Depends on the company that operates the train you want to book tickets for. Each company has major stations which will have offices/counters where you can make bookings if you provide them with all the details (train name, departure station/date/time, arrival station/date/time). Use Hyperdia (hyperdia.com/en) to get all this information, write it down and take it to the relevant station and ticket counter. In Asakusa, I believe the nearest major JR station is Ueno (about 1/2 hour walk away), while Asakusa station itself is operated by Tobu. Keisei have a station at Ueno also.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread