Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

transportation 2015/10/14 12:24
Hi, I am planning to visit takachiho, kurokawa and Matsuyama from Kumamoto.

Would it better to travel from kumamoto to kurokawa, kurokawa to takachiho, takachiho to mastuyama?
or
kuromato to takachiho, takachiho kurokawa, kurokawa to mastuyama?

Is there any buses run between kurokawa and takachiho? how often do they run?

From Kurokawa or Takachiho to Matsuyama, should I stop by beppu or oita? which way is more convenient?

Many Thanks.

Regards,
Lay
by Lay (guest)  

Re: transportation 2015/10/17 02:40
The first link that I am giving you is for the SUN-Q pass. The link shows the highway bus routes in Kyushu:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_014.html

From Kumamoto, there are direct bus routes to Takachiho, and to Kurokawa. There might be a bus that goes directly from Takachiho to Kurokawa, but if there is, it is not covered by one of the major bus lines, which are associated with the Sun-Q Pass.

My first guess is that you go to Takachiho and go back to Kumamoto before going on to Kurokawa.

As for getting to Matsuyama, I know that there is a ferry that leave from Beppu to Shikoku Island. The Uwajima Unyu Ferry travels from Beppu to Yawatahama. The ferry takes three hours, and cost 3000 yen. Here is a link to the ferry schedules on Japan Guide:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2355_01.html

From here, you can take a train from Yawatahama to Matsuyama. The Slower liner will cost 1280 yen, and take a little over 100 minutes, and the faster Limited Express will cost 2980 yen, and get you there in less than a hour.

So, my guess is that you should go to Takachiho and return, then go to Kurokawa before heading to Beppu to take a ferry. It's your choice on whether or not you choose to stay in Beppu for a night or two before heading to Matsuyama, but I think it would probably be a good idea.

In addition, I think you should at least consider the Sun-Q pass. Depending on the length of time spent at each location, you might benefit from getting the Sun-Q pass.

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: transportation 2015/10/19 08:21
Thanks for the information.

Just wondering where can I find the direct bus information from Takachiho to Kurokawa? I tried to search online but couldnt find it.
Any idea what is the company name?

Many Thanks,
Lay
by Lay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: transportation 2015/10/19 08:30
Just wondering where can I find the direct bus information from Takachiho to Kurokawa?

There is no direct bus! A transfer of buses is required along the way. I think at Kumamoto Airport (or possibly a stop earlier). To the Kyushu Odan Bus. Both buses are very infrequent, and I am not sure whether there is a feasible connection. I recommend to rent a car, instead.

Both buses are operated by Kyusanko:
http://www.kyusanko.co.jp/
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread