Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Higashiyama district: visit on Monday? 2015/10/18 22:34
Hello,

As I was doing research, I realized few stores close on Mondays around the Higashiyama district, but I have a restaurant reservation already on Monday. I also know that area tends to get very crowded on holidays/weekends.

Is it worth it to visit on a Monday instead of Friday to have a smaller crowd yet risk not being able to visit some stores or there's not much of a difference?

Thank you very much for your help!
by kakaka95  

Re: Higashiyama district: visit on Monday? 2015/10/19 13:35
the last few times that I visited Kiyomizudera/Higashiyama it has been so busy that you pretty much couldn't see anything and the crush of people made shopping unpleasant and in some places virtually impossible. Last time we couldn't even get into our favourite little restaurant which we have been visiting annually (pretty much) for the last 10 years.

Personally, I'd go on the Monday.

If you want to visit a nice area that has fun shopping, the area around Fushimi Inari is much less crowded, though they don't have the potters there that are more famous around Kiyomizudera.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Higashiyama district: visit on Monday? 2015/10/19 15:04
thank you for your advice!
Much appreciated! :)
by kakaka95 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread