Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary: Ogimachi, Ainokura or both? 2015/11/9 22:48
Hi guys, I'll be travelling to Shirakawa-go in the beginning of march (on a monday, so hopefully not too crowded) and I can't decide between the following two options:

1. Arrive in Ogimachi at around 11am and spend the day exploring the village. Then travel to Ainokura late afternoon to arrive in time for dinner, stay overnight in Ainokura and then explore the village the following morning before departing for Kanazawa around noon.

2. Arrive in Ogimachi at around 11am, then spend the day exploring the village, stay overnight there and skip Ainokura alltogether.

Which would make more sense in terms of soaking up the rural atmosphere in winter, walking around, exploring etc.
Would option 1 be too packed?
Would I get bored with option 2 from spending the whole day (+following morning) in just one village? Or is it a good thing since Ogimachi would be too crowded during the day, so that I have to stay overnight to really enjoy it?
by Marcus (guest)  

Re: Itinerary: Ogimachi, Ainokura or both? 2015/11/11 20:18
Number 1 is doable. Ainokura was my favorite of the three villages, but it is smaller than Shirakawa-go, so you should easily be able to see it the next morning and move onward to your next destination.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread