Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Acceptance to Waseda Univ with these specs? 2015/11/29 21:36
Hey I'm a high school senior going to an American high school. I know this sounds kinda weird, or at least uncommon to most of y'all, but I'm actually from Korea. Anyways I'll be finishing all 4 years of my high school education in the States. I'm graduating in May 2016.

So I've been searching everywhere on the web to find the best college for me, and I found some really appealing opportunities available at Japanese colleges for international undergrad students.

I've looked through the websites of some major Japanese colleges such as Waseda, Kyoto, and Keio, and for now the one that I want to apply the best is Waseda because it doesn't require as many things as other schools do (Keio requires its applicants to submit a self-introductory video or something... that sounds just so hard) and the SILS program looks so interesting to me.

My SAT superscore is 2020 (R 600 M 770 W 650), and I'm taking another one in a week. I'm pretty sure I'll get a higher score on this one.

And I have taken 4 different SAT Subject Tests: Japanese (560), math 2 (680), chem (550), and bio (620). I probably would retake math, chem, and bio if necessary.

My TOEFL score is 103. I'm not sure if I should retake this, but for now I'm guessing I'm not going to.

My GPA is not bad (95.92/100) but my senior year GPA's been going crazy so far.. senioritis came too early to me lol

I know that my scores and grades are not that impressive, but I have a lot of extracurricular activities that show my leadership and service. i.e) I was an officer of the NHS at my school and one of the leaders of my school choral.

I received an award from NASA in my junior year but I actually didn't do anything special for that... still don't know why I got it. Just hoping Waseda counts it.

And I have a lot of service hours (more than 100 hrs total). I have a strong anecdote from this experience (community service) about which I have written an essay for another college app. I think I could appeal this to the admissions office..?

Well Idk. So those were all my specs and all I want to ask y'all is that if I could make Waseda or other Japanese colleges.

Thanks for reading all this lengthy and messy listing of questions. But please be gentle and generous to give me some really helpful information for this.
Y'all really could change my entire life by sharing just a little piece of advice with me! :)
by Krisbliss  

reply to this thread