Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

a trip at the time of golden week 2016/1/8 22:41
Hi;
We are planning a family trip to Japan at the end of April. I found out that this is the time of the golden week & now I am very concerned.
I tried to plan our itinerary but Iam so cofused because the holiday time; & I need some help to plan when to go to everyplace; considering the golden week days.
We will land in Tokyo at 23/04
At the 24th we will go to kyoto - & then I need some help with the itinerary plan...
The other places that we plan to visit are:
Nara; Osaka; Arashiyama; & then not in this area Hakone; Kanazawa; & Takayama.
About Kanazawa & Takayama we are not sure; they are not so close to the other places; so I am not sure if it wil make the itinerary busy.
Considring that we have only 10-12 days to visit Japan; how is the best to build the itinerary; if the days of visit are 23/04 - 06/05?
by iris (guest)  

Re: a trip at the time of golden week 2016/1/9 10:02
"Thanks to" badly placed weekends, this year's Golden Week can be expected to be not as busy as usual.

Still, popular sights and theme parks will be very busy during the weekends and national holidays.

And transportation will be quite busy especially on the following days, but not as bad as usual:
April 29 out of Tokyo
May 1 back into Tokyo
May 3 out of Tokyo
May 5 back into Tokyo

So, I recommend to avoid traveling long-distances on the above listed days and to avoid the very popular sights (such as Disney resort) on public holidays and weekends. Then, it shouldn't be too bad.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread