Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bringing money to japan 2016/1/13 11:18
I will be going to japan for a few weeks (Leisure), but i was wondering is there a easy way to bring money to japan with out bringing it with me onto the plane and such.

It is kinda worrying to bring large amounts of cash with me, anyone know travel methods for cash spending?
by Lonely Traveler (guest)  

Re: Bringing money to japan 2016/1/13 14:39
Look into a travel money card. Here in Australia all the major banks, and some foreign exchange companies, offer them. You pre-load the foreign currency, locking in the exchange rate, saving you conversion fees at an ATM. Many of the cards also do not have ATM fees, so there are no fees involved in withdrawing cash overseas! The only fees are at time of loading (sometimes through poorer conversion rates), or using at point of sale (e.g. EFTPOS).

Do take some cash into Japan with you, though; it's always good to arrive in a foreign country with some cash in case you can't get to an ATM before you need it!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing money to japan 2016/1/13 18:10
What's the amount of cash should you bring with you?
by JustSomeGuy10 rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing money to japan 2016/1/14 02:24
Oh I recommend you to bring at least enough for the first few days 20,000 yen or so.

You can use 711 or Japan Post Bank ATMs to withdraw money as you need to. They accept international cards but do check with your bank just in case before. Also to let your bank know that you will be using the card overseas so they don't lock it.

Hope this helps!!
Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread