Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shortest route - Nachi to Koyasan 2016/2/1 21:23
Hi there

I will be travelling around Japan for about a month in May. I am wanting to spend a night at Nachi Falls and move on to Koyasan the following day to spend a night there. Will have a JR Pass for my trip. I see however that HyperDia gives a looooong travel time of 9 hours (which seems a bit excessive in what is essentially not such a big distance to cover - although HyperDia is calculating stopovers in Osaka).

Am I right in saying that a bus from Nachi Falls to Nachi station area and then the JR line to Hashimoto with next bus to Koyasan is possible? If so, how long would such a journey take about? Really don't want to spend an entire day travelling nor break the bank to get there. Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance!
by JacquesdW (guest)  

Re: Shortest route - Nachi to Koyasan 2016/2/2 13:32
by Db (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shortest route - Nachi to Koyasan 2016/2/2 17:24
Yes, you can go via JR Line to Hashimoto and bypass Osaka. But here's the problem. Nachi and Koyasan are relatively close (66km), but there is no direct public transportation between them and it's a long journey around the peninsula by train or overland by bus. Overall the trip will take around 6+ hours.

Have you considered renting a car? The drive between the two sights is about 3.5 hrs.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread