Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Purchasing Noh tickets 2016/2/4 09:02
My wife, my mother-in-law, and I are planning a trip to Japan from July 8-22, 2016. While there we would very much like to attend a kabuki, noh, and bunraku performance.

Kabuki appears to be quite popular and available for most days in the month of July, and I believe bunraku should be available on one of the days we will be in Osaka, but I am having quite a lot of difficulty finding a Noh performance. I do not believe there will be a performance at the National Noh Theater in Tokyo during the dates we will be in the city (our flight arrives on July 9, and the only performance scheduled for that week begins that same day before we land).

I know that there are multiple other Noh theaters in the city, and I have visited many of their websites. Unfortunately, most of them are only in Japanese and the Google translate feature only works so well.

Would anyone be able to either recommend a good site, a reliable intermediary (such as a travel agent), or other resources for finding a Noh performance in Tokyo between July 10- 12? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
by WildcatPhoenix  

reply to this thread