Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

onomichi cycling 2016/2/14 16:59
hi there,
i was fortunate enough to visit onomichi last july with my son for a couple of days. we loooooved it! we cycled half way to imbari but had to turn back due to having to return bikes. (about 70km)
they were electric assist bikes as my son doesnt ride. it turned out to be harder to ride them than it would habe been to get a couple of road bikes as there was just one speed...slow lol and they weighed a tonne! they did help though on the climbs up to the bridges :)

i could have juggled around my itinerary to include us ride in the shimanami kaido but i think my wife and i would prefer going at our pace and stopping at wonderful lil place along the way.

I would like to get a hotel at onomichi, stay overnight, leave our luggage there. then ride to imbari and stay overnight. ride back to onomichi the next day and spend the night at the same hotel where we left our luggage.

Can anyone add input to this and if you have done something similar or different, let me know what worked and what didn't.

My last question is regarding the hiring of bikes. the company we hired from was a little one under a carpark near the docks. they were great. they mentioned we could drop bikes off at pre determined spots and leave them and catch a bus back. the only exception was the electric bikes WHICH WE WANT TO USE again. they needed to be returned. i was hoping they had a place in imbari where we could recharge over night. i.e they let us hire the bike for 2 days so we can get there and back?

kind regards
ronnie :D
by AussieRonnie  

reply to this thread