Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

help to organise my itinerary in arashiyama 2016/2/16 12:31
The guesthouse i booked is near to kami katsura station and the owner provides my friends and i with bicycles. the owner allowed us to check in early around 1pm.

So i planned to spend the rest of the day to cycle around arashiyama/sagano which includes:

- Togetsukyo Bridge
- Bamboo Groves
- Adashino Nenbutsuji Temple
- Saga-Toriimoto Preserved Street

based on google maps, from the guesthouse to adashino temple takes 1 hour and 15 mins walking distance.

#is it doable to visit these 4 places in half day?

#is it best for us to cycle to adashino temple first and then cycle down towards togetsukyo bridge?
by newbie traveller (guest)  

Re: help to organise my itinerary in arashiyama 2016/2/16 14:37
If your target are those places, then you will easily have enough time. In fact there are far better places you can spend your time for many of them. The bridge has huge historical importance, but these days it looks just about like any other bridge with trucks and cars going over it all day long. Just cross it and be on your way.
The bamboo grove looks nice, but honestly won't take much time either. The view is the same in every direction you look. Adashino is not bad, but if you are going all the way over there, you might as well go see Otagi Nenbutsuji - it is far more interesting and humorous. One of the most whimsical places you'll see in Japan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efvtB_5jmjA
The preserved old street is fine too - it is all up to you on how much time you want to spend shopping or looking through the street. Otherwise, doesn't take that much time either.

Actually, if you haven't seen them already, you might consider adding Tenryuji (the garden, especially) and Daikakuji.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: help to organise my itinerary in arashiyama 2016/2/16 16:31
I second Ken. You can see all you listed in half a day plus the bridge is nothing special unless in the evening/night with lights.
Visiting Tenryuji is a good idea.
You can also take the raiden to Kinkakuji or Ryoanji for some other popular spots of Kyoto.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: help to organise my itinerary in arashiyama 2016/2/16 17:10
thanks for your response .

ok. i will remember to visit Otagi Nenbutsuji and Tenryuji.
i remember reading Tenryuji is a nice place.

but are Daikakuji and Kinkakuji better compared to Tenryuji?

can i know the time train and bus services in kyoto ended?
by newbie traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread