Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Golden Week in Nagoya 2016/2/18 17:39
Hi all, does anyone know of the situation in Nagoya during Golden Week? I would be heading to Japan 17 April-2 May approximately, visiting Tokyo and Nagoya/Takayama/Shirakawago.

I'm unsure whether to visit Tokyo first or Nagoya first. Visiting Tokyo first is a little more convenient for me, but I'm concerned that Nagoya would be generally more crowded during the holidays. Was also planning to hit Shirakawago right before Golden Week, which could possibly clash with people taking leave for a long break? I understand that people tend to move out of the city during the holidays, so I'm not too worried about the crowd in Tokyo.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
by Michelle (guest)  

Re: Golden Week in Nagoya 2016/2/18 18:16
I searched vacant rooms via Trivago for 28 Thu to 1 Sun.

Tokyo: 420 hotels out ou 1267 shows vacant rooms.

Nagoya: 65/234

Kyoto: 202/965

Osaka: 217/739

Hakone: 69/281

Hirosaki: 1/40 (Cherry blossom season)
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Golden Week in Nagoya 2016/2/18 18:49
Thanks frog1954, that's a good metric to refer to.

Would like to hear personal experiences as well!

Also, do people working in Japan generally take leave right before a holiday to get an even longer weekend? I hail from Singapore and it's a common occurrence, haha. Would like to avoid crowds as much as possible.
by Michelle (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Golden Week in Nagoya 2016/2/19 06:13
While a lot of hotels will show availability, once you filter them for what you are prepared to stay in, the lists normally get a lot shorter. However, there are normally good options, and booking in advance certainly helps.

As an observation, Hirosaki is pretty small (and a long way from Nagoya). Many people (myself included) will be staying in Aomori (the train across to Hirosaki isn't very long.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Golden Week in Nagoya 2016/3/19 03:10
Sorry to piggy back on a question, but are there any events happening around Nagoya/Aichi that happen on April 29? I will be there to visit that day.
by Will H (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread